Saturday, December 3, 2011

Inspiration Station

A rainy day here in Chicagoland but we're headed out to see the new Muppet movie so it's all good! Since we'll be stuck inside for the rest of the day, I plan on getting some scrapping done & have gotten a lot of good ideas from this week's inspiring layouts.

River Walk | BriannasScrapper
Daphne has done a wonderful job turning a kit meant for a little boy into something totally different! By using all the non-themed elements, she's put together this great layout of her daughter, love all photo & paper blocks with the grungy splat behind everything. Check out My Boy by B2N2 Scraps & you'll see just what a great job Daphne did with the kit!


So Happy for Snow | navaja77
I didn't know people had snow already, where's our snow? Ophelia has done an amazing job with her layout, it has such a whimsical feel to it with all the grungy splats & snowflakes. Plus that is one cool font she used for the title & I'm digging the stitched border. Pick up Positive Thoughts by Ivorykeys Digital Dreams if you'd like to recreate this stunner.


Watching The Lake | purplesparkly
I always forget that there are so many different things you can do with pictures & JJ has reminded me that cutting them up is a totally viable option! Love how she's used the same picture twice but sliced it up in two different ways to create a neat visual effect. Using the title as the divider adds a great touch; JJ used the fun kit Feelin Froggie by Designs by Ashlee for this funky layout.


Splish. Splash. Stomp. | Kristal_Kreations
Now this is a good representation of how our weather is & I know my boys would love to go romp in the rain. Love the small pictures in that neat frame, especially the one of those cute boots, & the multi-colored title. Snag Rain or Shine by Scrappin' Serenity if you love that ducky as much as I do!


My TV glasses | danajscraps
Right, so Dana might just come after me for posting this but I just love this layout she did of herself. It's a great example of how to scrap something about yourself which I think is something that us scrappers often forget about. I think Dana looks so cute in the pictures & that title is very cool with the font & square alpha. If you've got glasses too, check out Spectacular Spectacles by Mommy Made This for all those pictures of us 4-eyes!


Happy Thanksgiving | Kimberly27
Last we have a great layout by Kimberly, I really want to know where I can live that one can wear shorts on Thanksgiving ... ah, looks like Texas is the place to be! All the large paper blocks & big clusters give this layout a funky fresh look when combined with the great color scheme. Love it as much as I do? Then grab Autumn Splendor by Scraps by Andrea & see if you've got any fall pictures with people in shorts!


'Tis all for this week! Head on over to last week's thread, the Gallery, & the Stuff to Scrap Inspiration Blog to see what else our forum members have been up to & leave some love on your favorites. If you happen to see a layout that you would like to see featured on the blog, post it in this week's thread; I want to know what inspires you!

No comments: