Saturday, October 29, 2011

Inspire Me

Running a bit late today due to a head cold, it's hard to type when all the letters are doing the tango across the screen. At least I'm hitting the right keys ... I think! In honor of it being Halloween on Monday, let's take a look at some of the great Halloween layouts posted this week. Don't forget that if you need a Halloween kit all you have to do is check out the Halloween section in the store!

Trick or Treat | afullmer27
I'm always so nervous to use bright colors but after seeing this layout by Amy, I must try to use them more often. I love the purple papers splitting up the checkerboard paper & that clustering is so fun with the spiky greenery! Amy used the new kit Glowing Ghouls by Adriana's Cafe which has a lot more spooky elements to play with.


5 little pumpkins | kandiced
I'm always trying to figure out ways to use text paths more & I love the idea that Kandice had for this layout. Can you believe she made the text path around the pumpkin? I am most impressed by this & if you like text paths as well, I have a tutorial in the works to show you how to do it yourself! For this fun pumpkin layout, Kandice used At the Pumpkin Patch by Mommy Made This.


Spooky Socks | purplesparkly
JJ always has some of the most unique layouts in the gallery & I love this one she did of her daughter wearing her socks. The selective coloring & blending is just perfect & I love all the pops of color against the black background. Plus, how can you resist a cute face like that? Pick up Simply Spooktacular by B2N2 Scraps if you want to make a layout like this!


Spooky Lil' Witch | kimmyscraps
I loves me some good blocking & a little girl in a witch costume just seals the deal. Check out this great layout by Kimmy, the minimal use of elements & that cute background paper just seal the deal. Too adorable for words & if you like that background paper as much as I do, pick up the kit Lil' Spooks by This Little Missy.


Pumpkin Face | gluvsc
It's always so hard to make a layout with out any journaling or a title but this spooky layout by Gluvsc shows that it can be easy with the right picture! That is one impressive pumpkin & I love how everything is drawing your eye right to it. Plus that little scatter that the broom is sweeping up is a great touch! Gluvsc used the fun kit, A Haunting by Flower Scraps for this spooky layout.


Halloween | Christilyn
Finally, we all know Halloween can bring out the kid in us & I love this family picture in Christi's layout; how cool is it that the grownups are Buzz & Woody? Such cute elements to use & I'm digging the paper strips next to the photo! For a fun kids Halloween layout, snag HallowScream by Digi Designs by Nicole to add to your stash!


'Tis all for this week! Head on over to last week's thread, the Gallery, & the Stuff to Scrap Inspiration Blog to see what else our forum members have been up to & leave some love on your favorites. If you happen to see a layout that you would like to see featured on the blog, post it in this week's thread; I want to know what inspires you!

No comments: