Saturday, September 24, 2011

Inspire Me

I'm a bit late getting the Inspiration Station up today as I took advantage of a break in the rainy weather to take my boys to a fall festival. I hope everyone has some fun fall activities planned this weekend as well! Here are just a few of the amazing layouts sent my way; head over to last week's thread to see all the other layouts that I just didn't have room for. Hopefully you'll get some great inspiration for your scrapping this weekend. All the layouts are linked to the gallery for easy love leaving.

FYI, the nominations for the September Layout of the Month are now open, head over to the thread to nominate a favorite layout! Please see the first post for instructions & all nominations are due by Tuesday, September 27th; the winner will be announced on October 1st.

Happy Landon | danajscraps
There is nothing better than a happy baby but a bunch of close ups of a happy baby are a close second. I love the blocking of this layout by Dana along with the random use of papers with the pictures. Turning your pictures black & white is a great technique to use if your photo is out of focus [not that any of Dana's are it's just a good tip!], makes it look like you meant to take an out of focus picture! Dana used the multi-part kit Flower Garden by Digital Scrap Fun.


Mix Family | Wtunison
Here's a great example of using a folded paper in your layout, I love how Wendy has all of the clustering at the top underneath the folded paper except for that little butterfly. Such amazing clustering around the framed picture & I love her idea of blending a picture into the top paper as well as including the back of the picture where everyone is identified. For this stunner, Wendy used the lovely kit Butterfly Dreams by Knittinjen.


Amazed | Nita
I was taking a stroll through the gallery & this layout by Nita just popped right out. There are so many great things about the layout, it's hard to name them all. I think my favorite part is the picture on the left where Nita has done a fabulous job of blending it with the paper & journaling. Plus it's too funny to see the groom jumping while the bride has that look that says "I want to jump but I don't want to ruin my dress!" Pick up the kit Adore by The Scrappy Kat if you loved the papers & elements used.


Push Me Higher! | Kandiced
This layout made me giggle as my boys are starting to say exactly the same thing as Kandice's little boy! I love how she's done the title & framed that great picture with the funky ribbon frame. Plus all those paper strips are totally cool as they add the right amount of crazy to the layout. In addition I love that Kandice used a kit, Spring Fun by SAHM Scrapper, that also has pink as a main color but there's no pink anywhere on this layout! She also use a template from the Fun With Paper Templates set by SAHM Scrapper.


Yuck | Mdkscrapper
OK, I admit that I totally picked this layout because of the title ... because yuck is exactly what I would say when faced with a fish like that. Very cool how Michele centered two paper strips within the background paper to provide space for journaling & she didn't need many elements with all the fishes on the background paper. Of course that funny picture is the highlight! Michele used the fishy kit The One That Got Away by Seal Scraps for this funny layout.


HENNAed | Love2learn
I can't draw anything beyond a stick figure & when I saw this layout by Shaheen I was most impressed. It takes a lot of work to do henna designs & the fact that Shaheen drew these on her own hand was amazing. I love how she's taken pictures of the various stages of the artwork & the simple cluster draws your eye to the finished product. Shaheen used Moments Matter by Jensen Motley Crew Designs for her layout.


'Tis all for this week! Head on over to the STS Gallery to see what else our forum members have been up to this week & leave some love on your favorites. If you happen to see a layout that you would like to see featured on the blog, post it in this week's thread; I want to know what inspires you!

No comments: