Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tutorial of the Week

As digital scrapbookers we take lots of pictures & there's something about the holidays that brings out the camera even more often. And sometimes those shots just don't turn out like how you wanted which is such a bummer. Let's face it, we can all use some extra tips when using our camera as learning new things is what makes photography so much fun!

If you've been keeping an eye on the Photography Stuff section of the forum, you might have noticed that we now have someone giving us great tips on photography several times a month! Mom and Camera, that has amazing photographs & tons of great photography tips. I am in awe of Gayle's photos & have been trying to follow some of her tips but I'll need to talk my husband into getting me a nice camera so I can try some of them [a girl can dream!].

But even if you don't have that super cool camera, Gayle has lots of tips on how to improve your photography skills with your little point & shoot. In the Photography Lessons, Tips & Tutorials section, Gayle has posted several tutorials that cover getting great shots of your toddler [in part 1 & part 2 no less!], taking a great holiday card picture, & how to get pictures with bokeh lights in them. You know, those pictures that have little light circles in the background. Nope, I had no idea there was a name for them either!

I can't wait to see what other tutorials Gayle has up her sleeve for us & I've added her blog to my Google reader so I don't miss a tip or any of her fabulous photos. If you have any areas of your photography that you'd like to improve on, leave a comment in this thread or send Gayle a PM & she'll be happy to help you out. If you live in the Utah area, you might want to check out one of her classes, you can find information on the classes here.

Now I'm off to see how I can convince my husband into letting me buy a new camera. Might need to bring in some cookies to help out with this venture!

No comments: