Saturday, November 19, 2011

Inspire Me

I think the weather is trying to fool us, it looks so lovely outside but when you actually go outside ... brrrr! Guess it's time to start hunkering down for winter but to take the sting of winter away here are some lovely layouts to admire. Remember to check out the STS Designer blog for this week's interview with Becky of B2N2 Scraps!

Apple of My Eye | Kateinoz
I just love seeing how forum members take a themed kit & use it for something that has nothing to do with said theme. Take this stunning layout by Kate featuring her granddaughter, if there wasn't that cute turkey on the layout you'd never know this was made using Turkey Trot by Growing Pains Scrapped & Mommy Me Time Scrapper ... a Thanksgiving kit! Love how Kate focused on all the animals in the kit for her clustering & such a great job blending the picture into the background.


My Girl | Jptaylorfamily
I'm not quite sure why this layout struck me, I think it's the black & white photos against the pink with that great closeup shot. Paula [AKA CutieFruity] has done an amazing job of clustering against two patterned papers, her shadowing really makes the elements pop without overwhelming the layout. Pick up Paula's kit Girly Girl if you love the look of this layout!


Fall Delights | Cabalistic
This next layout is a really good example of how you can make a mini kit look like it has way more elements in it than it really does. When it was posted in this week's thread, I honestly thought it contained several kits until I took a good look at it. By using the same elements over & over but in different combinations & sizes, Cabalistic has done an amazing job with Fall Delight by In the Small Things.


Bath Buddies | Makeyesup
Here's a really fun layout that has so many cool things going for it. Like the top paper with the punched out circles, the awesome font for the title, & the split picture. And did you notice how Makeyesup threaded the string through one of the punched circles? Always a fun effect to put into layouts & I'll be featuring that technique soon; pick up the kit Eileen by Flower Scrap for these great papers & elements.


You Make Us Laugh | Filandstef
*thud* That's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. I mean what can I say about Stephanie's layout that would do it justice? The journaling is so very, very cool with the different words highlighted & the journaling strips with the stars falling from them are so neat. Really, really excellent job & I am totally going to scraplift this layout! Stephanie used the great kit My Stars by Adriana's Cafe for this awesome eye candy.


Oh The Places We Go... | Amyjcaz
But even though the layout by Stephanie is a stunner for having so much going on, this layout by Amy [AKA AmyDane Designs] is a stunner for having so little going on. Just the picture & some fantastic clustering behind the top paper give the layout a feeling of calmness. A great use of white space with the big title allowing you to make up your own story about the photo. Even cooler, Amy used her kit A Good Read which is actually a book themed kit for this travel layout!


'Tis all for this week! Head on over to last week's thread, the Gallery, & the Stuff to Scrap Inspiration Blog to see what else our forum members have been up to & leave some love on your favorites. If you happen to see a layout that you would like to see featured on the blog, post it in this week's thread; I want to know what inspires you!

1 comment:

Cabalistic said...

Thank you so much for choosing one of my layouts! I'm honored.