Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rainbow Bridge Charity Kit

Hello everyone, I have a wonderful charity collab today to tell you about called Rainbow Bridge. On September 12th, my 15 year old poodle Pepe passed away. He was such a big part of our lives that I cannot even begin to explain it. Only those that are true animal lovers like myself can relate to how our pets can over the years become our friends and almost like children to us. That was Pepe, always with me everywhere, following my every footstep. He went with us on every trip we made and we were never without his company, which always made each car ride and vacation more enjoyable.

To honor Pepe & other pets that have once touched our lives, the STS designers have gotten together to create this charity collab. Inspired by the following poem, all proceeds of this kit will be going to my local humane society.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Here is the kit, Rainbow Bridge. Even if you would not like to purchase the kit, please consider making a donation to my area humane society through the link above...or perhaps make a donation to your local humane society or even better, adopt an unwanted animal.


Of course I didn't want to miss the opportunity to share a few photos of my little Pepe with you. Here he is in one of his favorite sweaters. Years of taking medication for a back injury left him pretty hairless on his body for the last couple years of his life, so sweaters were a must for him during the cold months here in Michigan.
Pepe helping my son Logan and myself fill bird feeders.
And one of my favorites, Santa Pepe!
Now to some fabulous layouts using the Rainbow Bridge kit by my creative team and a little freebie for you. As you can see, the kit isn't limited to just pet layouts.
Amy AshleyBeckyBeckyCrystalKendra Here is a little frame that I created for you to go along with the kit. Click on the preview to go download and leave some love if you have time.
A heartfelt thank you to Tammy for heading up this kit and for the rest of the fabulous STS designers who contributed to this kit. You are all truly friends to me and I appreciate every single one of you. Thank you. And to my best friend Pepe, you are truly missed...keep watching, as someday I will meet you and we can cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

No comments: