Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mixing paper and digi to scrap

Hi to everyone. I am so happy to be apart of STS's team. My name is Laura and I am a paper scrapper that fell in love with all the matching papers and elements of the digi world. I decided to mix them. I'm an 8 1/2 x11 scrapper and I print some of the wonderful combinations from digi kits and then add some of my own papers. I print on 90 weight index paper which is perfect for scrapping. I print lots of elements on full size label or "sticker" paper and cut them out while relaxing in front of the TV. These elements give a 3-D effect on my layouts. By combining the two it gives me a different type of scrap page which is different than my paper only scrapping friends. I like to do it this way and I always have my page in my hands when finished and do not have to wait to print them and at the same time I can have them printed into books for my family. I enjoy "playing" with my papers and to be truthful, I'm afraid it would take me a while to learn enough digi to do what I want. If you have friends that are paper scrappers invite them to see some of the wonderful papers etc. available that they can use to enhance their paper scrapping. I have some health issues and when I'm in my scrapping room I can forget about them and relax and enjoy creating. Below is one of my pages combining the wonderful papers from Andrea's "Sweet Spring" kit. The flowers are handmade from a stencil so they match exactly. I've met some of you in the forum and I'm anxious to get to know more and to participate in the challenges.

No comments: