Saturday, December 17, 2011

Inspiration Station

Yea for the weekend. Just one more week to go until Christmas & two weeks off of school! Wait ... I like the kids in school! Heehee, before I start freaking out about what to do with my boys during their winter break, I'd like to show off the lovely layouts I found in the gallery this week.

Pinewood Derby | SAHM Scrapper
Ah, the Pinewood Derby a rite of passage for all Boy Scouts! I didn't realize the track was that long, not sure I ever attended any of the ones that my brother participated in. Becky did a fab job with the paper & picture blocking but the tilted stacked papers give the layout a funky feel. Should you have derby pictures to scrap, pick up Pinewood Derby by Designing Divas & All Things Blue and Gold by AmyDane Designs for all your racing needs!


2011 in Review | LadySilver
Love this layout by Mary using one of the new templates from Meagan's Creations. Such great pictures & I love how instead of the full month names, she used just the first letter; a full year compressed into just 12 photos. Very, very cool! Mary used a template from the new Year in Review Templates set by Meagan's Creations & the kit is Denim and Daisies by Just So Scrappy.


All Is Bright | ChristieDawn
Some more wonderful holiday templates can be found from MDK Scraps & here's a great example by Christie. I'm digging that funky pink star & all the little ornaments on the paper strip tree, such a fun layout to look at! Christie used a tempalte from the Xmas Templates set by MDK Scraps & the kit is Most Wonderful Time by Scraps of Ellay.


Happy Girl | Meleahg
Meleah has scrapped some cute pictures that show us a Christmas kit can be used for non-Christmas layouts! When you've got a funky kit like A Christmas to Remember by Designs by Christi you can use it to make all sorts of layouts since there are tons of non-themed elements & the color scheme is not traditional. But that's a good thing as you can see below!


About Alli | Allielli
It's layouts like this one that make me want to take a peek inside of some of the brains of our forum members. Alli has done an amazing job with this kit, she's made this layout look busy but simple all at the same time. How did she do that?!?!? Love cluster right in the middle which breaks up the layout beautifully. If you want to scraplift Alli's layout, pick up Thankful Blessings by Queen Bee Scraps.


First Snow | Purplesparkly
JJ is another member I would love to watch in action, her layouts are always do different & fun, I'm really envious of her talent. But if I can't have her talent I'll just settle for ooohing & aaahing over her layouts. Love the blended photos as the background with the offset papers filling up the bottom. This is one layout I am so going to scraplift once we get some snow! JJ used the new kit Merry and Bright by 3 Li'l Monsters Designs.


'Tis all for this week! Head on over to the Gallery & the Stuff to Scrap Inspiration Blog to see what else our forum members have been up to & leave some love on your favorites. If you happen to see a layout that you would like to see featured on the blog, post it in this week's thread; I want to know what inspires you!

No comments: