Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Glitzy Mini Album





































Hi, all, back with one of my most fun projects.I wanted to try something new and decided to do an "Envelope Mini Album" for fun. This is going to be a gift from me. To make an envelope mini album you need to stick the flaps of the envelopes down and then cut a sliver off of one side. I used six for a fun chunky size. You will decorate both front and back of each envelope and then punch three holes on the left to bind it. I used metal rings. You will also need to make six tags to slide in the open side of the envelopes.

Choose papers to cover both sides of the envelopes. I cut my papers a tiny bit less than envelope size. I distressed the envelopes before gluing papers on. You need to make six tags from cardstock. They need to be narrower than the envelopes since photos will be added later on. You also need to make them to fit above your binding holse since they can't slide farther than that. I stamped around all the edges with a dark brown ink pad to add depth.

I used all the matching papers from "Meagan's Creation". It is the "It's the Little Things" Kit. It had just the right colors and prints to give the elegant look I wanted plus it will make multibl and wonderful layouts too. I printed them out at 1/2 page size. I covered each envelope page front and back and embellished with homemade and Prima flowers as well as some golden strips from a bargain bin. The flowers are only partially glued and they make a pocket to hold a photo. On other pages I cut corner pieces or added a pocket to hold photos. I also used a set of clear stamps to add some words. Got the stamps at a yard sale and don't know who made them.

I then figured the size of my tags. I cut different styles for a variety. Some I just sprayed with Glimmer mist on one side and others I used matching papers. They have room for a photo on one side and journaling boxes on the other. I used ribbons and buttons on the ends to make it easy to pull them out. That is the only area to use a 3-d embellishment on the tags. I used rubber stamps also to decorate tags. Both pages and tags were sprayed with "Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists" to give a sparkling effect. I did keep the journaling spaces free from spray so they would be easy to write on.

You can use whatever embellishments you want to decorate pages as well as choose a title for album. I cut embellishments from the kit and layered them on certain pages. When pages are finished and dry you can use rings to bind them. Since the pages are "chunky", I found that rings work best. Of course I had to tie ribbons, yarns, and charms on the rings as a finishing touch. This makes a cute and "chunky album" to give as a gift or use yourself. It will stand on it's edges on a flat surface and looks cute in any room. This kit had the soft colors I wanted to make a feminine and glitzy project and I will be able to use it for many other pages.

The photos show both sides of envelope pages and both sides of the tags as well as one of the completed album. Give it a try and make a gift for someone special!

2 comments:

Kerryt said...

really nice - great job!

Anonymous said...

This is so very cute! Nice job!